Thursday, October 16, 2008

Political Confusion


I don't know who to vote for.  I do realize that there are only 19 little days between right now and Election Day.  It's at times like these that I wish that I were someone who votes straight Democrat or Republican--but I'm not.  I always vote for the person.  The problem this go around is that I don't really want either of these candidates running the country that I love so much.  I'm also taking things much more serious now that I have a child.  Is one of these goobers going to further screw up the US to the point that I'll be scared and guilty about having my son grow up in such a place?  It's not all that unlikely.  Just look at what the current administration has done!


I've tried to be very responsible and research what these two stand for, but none of their "talking points" are reaching out to grab me.  It seems like everyone has that "hot button" issue that is a deal maker or breaker for them.  For example, my husband is an insurance agent so health care issues and economic plans helped him decide.  For some it's abortion.  For others it's immigration or the War in Iraq.  I just have a very hard time thinking of any issue as black or white, so here I am--sitting right in the gray area on most everything.  I mean, take abortion.  Yes, I personally believe that it is WRONG and that there are certainly methods that are sick, sad and terrible.  But even Jesus Christ gives us free will, even though it could mean that some will spend eternity separated from Him.  So, who am I to say that it's ok to take a woman's will away when it comes to her decision on an abortion?  I pray she'll make the right decision, but should I or anyone else FORCE her by law to make that decision.  

Further dilemma: I flat out don't trust Obama.  He has a sneaky face and I don't think he's much of a gentleman.  But, I'm not sure McCain has the balls to run this country.  He's seems meek to me.  There are so many issues he should be throwing in Obama's face, but he's so polite that he just shakes his head and moves on.  

What to do?  Some have suggested that simply vote for someone else, but I refuse to cast a vote that essentially won't count.

19 days and counting to MY Decision 08.

2 comments:

HeatherW said...

Finally. Someone who thinks my thoughts. I feel exactly the same way about these two, almost to the point of not wanting to vote for either (but that doesn't solve anything).I've never been able to connect w/ Obama. It may just be me, but I feel like he's got cards up his sleeve all the time. And McCain, I like, but Palin...ehhhh, not sure. So really, I feel like it's choosing between the lesser of the two evils. Who knows? Maybe I'll just vote Nader!

Mandi Presley said...

HA! My brother has an old Volvo with a VOTE NADER sticker on the back. What the heck, why not?